Life Onscreen

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Unofficial color(s) of Spring '08: NEON!

Ok...so due to a painful and extremely inconvenient cyst on my tailbone (ouch x 10) I haven't been doing much sitting, so the blog has gone without posts for over a week now...but it looks like no one's reading it so I'm not too worried about mobs of drooling CaptainVee followers coming after me.

This spring, gorgeous hues of neon and uber-brights have hit the runway and the streets; I love seeing trends like this come along because they are much more accessible to those of us without disposable incomes.

(Left to right) 3.1 Philip Lim, Dsquared2 and Zac Posen all chose to incorporate little touches and/or individual pieces that were vibrantly neon in their collections. Jill Stuart, however, made her entire Spring '08 collection about neon! She also draped sheer, gauzy fabrics over her garments, showcasing another gorgeous Spring trend. The girl is on top of things!

I wish I could wear the gray and orange outfit on the center bottom for a picnic in the park with my charming and handsome boyfriend. Unfortunately, I don't have the outfit or the boyfriend.

Laters!