Life Onscreen

Thursday, January 24, 2008

In High Regard...

A day after and I'm still in shock over the news of Heath Ledger's passing. There was a time when I adored him...had pictures of him on my walls. As I got older I began to see him in a different light. He work meant more to me, and the way he guarded his private life and cared nothing for the 'celebrity' status he was given said so much about him as a person.

One of my favorite movies of all time is Ned Kelly, a film about an Australian outlaw that was only out in limited release in the US, though HBO has picked it up and plays it occassionally. It is a wonderful movie about courage, and standing up for what is right, and I urge you all to watch it for all the performances given in it. Of course "Brokeback Mountain" will remain the highlight of his (far too brief) career. He touched on something truly resonant in the film, and whether you are homosexual or not, everyone can appreciate dealing with hardships and the emotional connection Heath had with his character.

I find it especially hard to deal with this all due the fact that I myself am an actor, not yet as talented as dear Mr. Ledger was, but struggling to make it. All actors, no matter how handsome or great have an impact on me, and when one who had a place in my heart dies so young and so tragically it's hard to deal with. We are all missing out on the brilliant work that surely was to come.

My heart goes out to his family, and it's unbearable to think of his little 2 year old daughter, Matilda, losing her father so early. Hopefully, years down the line, she'll watch the movies he's made, and feel like he's sitting right beside her...which in a way, he will be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Switch off the autocorrect characteristic if it consistently chaos you up. To make use of it effectively, you simply tap the possibility it is exactly what you desire after it is showcased. Should you not much like the alternatives shown to you, basically touch the "By"?to seal the recommendation package and finish keying in the phrase you need. [url=http://www.xxxw12woo.info]micr3oe5e[/url]