Life Onscreen

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Losing a friend

So today I ended a friendship with someone who I used to consider one of my two best friends...and I'm feel quite awful right now. She is a freshman in college and didn't make any effort to keep in touch with me, even though she promised over winter break (when we sat down and talked about how unfair it was) she would. But she didn't keep her promise, and I waited for her to. I found out yesterday that she'd gotten a tattoo similar to my own, and the fact that she did something that should have made her think of me and it apparently didn't really hurt me. It was like I didn't even cross her mind anymore. Anyways, after many text messages she semi-bluntly told me that she didn't care about me enough to put the effort into it. She wasn't apologetic at all! She got angry at me for something that was her fault, and she was far meaner than I'd ever thought possible of her. I spent the better part of the morning sobbing on the couch with my mother consoling me, and while work was a good distraction, I'm now feeling sadder and sicker than ever.

How do you stop thinking about someone when you end a friendship? How do you go and delete everything on your computer that links you to her? Do you take the pictures out of the frames and burn them? I feel like she's still close to me and I feel like there's a whole that she created with her not caring. Until I figure out how to get over it and forget her, I'm afraid that gloom with overtake me. All I really feel like doing is crying.

No comments: